OSC Serves Children by providing food, clothing, shelter, medicine and vital training needed to utilize them to their potential.
This relief is provided to children and their families in the USA and around the Globe.
Providing 100% of donations to Children for Relief, Education and Hope.
Donate your tax deductible gift on the link above!
Global Relief Program
Traditionally, distribution issues prevent relief from reaching intended recipients.
OSC effectively addresses the issues in these ways:
- OSC has secured donated pharmaceuticals and medical supplies in a pre-arranged “medical kit” that volunteers hand-carry and personally deliver.
- OSC trains Volunteers to instruct the recipients on the proper identification and use of the medical contents provided and pay all of their own traveling expenses.
- Each kit has a retail value of over $30,000 – OSC, through its contacts, provides these kits at a cost of only $400 to cover packaging and proper documents for customs entry.
- OSC builds clinics, gets wells installed for clean water using local materials and people to build up their own communities.
For every dollar donated…. $50.00 in relief is provided.
USA Relief Program
OSC seeks to end the cycle of needy families relying on charities.
Families earn the relief by attending credit-counseling workshops or serve as volunteers at their local food bank. In this manner, recipients thank their community for supporting OSC. The education provided includes basic financial skills, budget counseling, debt consolidation, establishing bank accounts and qualifying for existing programs such as First-Time Home Buyers Program.
- OSC assists with food, payment of delinquent rent, utility and medical deposits, delinquent bills and an important assistance that is rarely available, housing security deposits. OSC obtains documents such as leases, eviction notices, medical affidavits, utility shut-off notices and other verifications of true need.
- OSC makes payment directly to landlords, utility companies and the families’ other sources of debt. Payment is not made directly to the family in need,
- OSC acts as a support system to the community’s existing agencies, providing the needed missing piece of funding to complete services required. Agency counselors contact OSC after at least five other resources have been contacted and further assistance is required. These agencies provide OSC with verification of “true need” for the families.
- OSC’s goal: reduce or eliminate the reliance on further charity.
OSC provides a hand up – not a hand out.
World Child Status
Every day, 27,000+ children die unnecessarily.
Our hearts have been captured with the plight of those who are the least of the least of the Earth. They are defenseless and dependent, yet millions feel forsaken.
51% of the people on earth are children.
Billions of children live in poverty, according to the UNICEF annual report on children around the world.
This serves as a wake-up call for us to do more to help the most vulnerable among us.
Their families live on less than one dollar a day. More than 17 million children will starve to death this year. 45 percent of the 3.6 million people killed by wars since 1990 have been children. Every 14 seconds, a child loses her parents to AIDS. The HIV/AIDS pandemic is producing orphans on a scale unrivaled in world history. In the time you read this, four children will die from AIDS. Millions of children live on the streets because of poverty neglect and abuse. Over 250 million children under the age of 14 work to support their families, they are often sold for only a few dollars and forced into slavery, bonded labor or worse.
Every day, 27,000+ children die unnecessarily.
Nearly eleven million a year dying from the effects of disease and inadequate nutrition that are caused by just five conditions- all of which are preventable and curable!
The five most deadly conditions:
- Pneumonia: Acute Respiratory Infections kill over three million children under five years of age annually. That’s over 8,000 children a day. Using standard case management techniques all of these deaths could be easily prevented.
- Diarrhea: Each year, over three million children in developing countries die from diarrhea-related disease. That’s over 5,500 children a day. Early intervention could easily prevent these deaths.
- Measles: A common infectious disease which affects 45 million, and eventually kills over 1.5 million children each year. Measles is largely preventable using safe, low-cost vaccines.
- Malaria: Over 1.2 million children under five years of age die of malaria each year. The proper use of mosquito nets alone could prevent most of these deaths.
- Malnutrition: Rarely listed as a direct cause, it contributes to more than half of all childhood deaths. Poor feeding practices, inadequate breastfeeding, and the wrong foods in insufficient amounts, all contribute to malnutrition.
Vitamin supplements have demonstrated a reduction of up to 80% of malnutrition-related deaths.
OSC provides surplus medicine from pharmaceutical manufacturers before expiration.
Currently: $400 USD hand delivers over $25,000 retail value of life changing medicine and medical supplies.
100% of your donation, yes Every cent goes directly for aid!
With your help, OSC can continue to provide the essential food supply and medicine which children need to survive these illnesses.
Since its inception in 1998, OSC has provided over $30 million of relief, helping hundreds of thousands of children and their families.
USA Relief Projects
- Close to $9 million food, 3,000+ personal hygiene kits,, 1,000+ families provided with rent, housing deposits, utility bill payments, medicine and education.
Global Relief Projects
OSC has provided $35+million in medicine and medical supplies to the following nations:
Share the Gift of Joy
5317 Fruitville Rd. #105
Sarasota, Fl. 34232
OSC is a registered 501c-3 non-profit in the State of Florida. Call 850-921-0400 or 800-435-7352 (Florida only) to verify registration. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state.